Art is God’s gift to mankind and cross stitch designs are just and expression of this art. Did you know that cross stitch can also help in bringing you closer to God and that you can spread his love by simple patterns and designs? If not, then our collection of cross stitch ideas for Orthodox Christians is here to guide you.
These patterns will help you to recreate Biblical images and other Christian icons to symbolize your love for God. All you have to do is do a little stitching and voila you will be done with inspiring patterns and designs meant to revive your spiritual faith.
The patterns and designs can vary a great deal. There are hundreds of icons out there which can serve as inspiration of your cross stitch gifts for orthodox Christians. You can display these pieces of embroidery within your own household and you can also present them as gifts to your friends and family who are devout and orthodox Christians. Trust us nothing would please them more as compared to these creative little cross stitch patterns invoking God and his mercy.
- Embroider Religious Texts
Your first option to embroider cross stitch patterns for Orthodox Christians would be to come up with designs delineating various religious, biblical and inspirational statements. You can deploy basic stitches to embroider this text. You can come across hundreds of statements which can be embroidered and serve as perfect inspirational present for your Christian friends and family.
- Lizzie Kate suggests a cross stitch pattern with an embroidered statement reflecting Times for God. The statement says that God ought to be praised in happy times. He ought to be sought in bad times. He ought to be worshipped in hard times. He ought to be trusted at all times and he ought to be thanked every minute. Her cross stitch pattern has a stitch count of 53W x 185H.
- Serenity Stitches has come up with another cross stitch pattern which reinforces the trust man should have in God. The embroidered text says that God made everything out of nothing so He ought to be trusted upon to take care of all of us. The stitch count of this piece of cross stitch embroidery is 84×97.
- Janylynn has made a beautiful cross stitch design sending a reminder that God’s love never fails. The lovely sentiment has been taken from 1 Corinthians 13:8. It has also been set beautifully against a backdrop of embroidered butterflies. This cross stitch pattern can serve as the perfect wedding or anniversary gift for any of your Christian friends or family members.
- Another innovative cross stitch design by Ursula Michael Design is meant to warm the hearts of Orthodox Christians. This cross stitch pattern reflects quilts that are hung upon a clothing line. Along with this icon, there is an embroidered inscription which says that hearts are warmed by kindness, while the warmth of souls is prayer.
- Embroider Religious Icons
Apart from cross stitch patterns delineating inspirational and biblical texts, there are a lot of designs which have Orthodox Christian icons embedded in them. A couple of those cross stitch ideas are pitched in here for your benefit. You can always add your own spice to these ideas and come up with innovative cross stitch designs.
- Embroider Jesus with Lambs and make a wall hanging out of this cross stitch pattern.
- Embroider an image of Christ with children and make a framed design out of it.
- Make a cross stitch pattern of baby Jesus with Angels.
- Stitch an emblem of the Easter Angel.
- Recreate a scene of Christ’s baptism by embroidering a cross stitch pattern of it.
- Make a beautiful design of Holy Mother with the Christ Child out of your cross stitch.
- Depict the Ascension of our lady with cross stitch.
- Adoration of the Magi is also a wonderful idea for cross stitch designs.
- Make a cross stitch design reflecting Christ blessing children.
- You can stitch a design reflecting Christ as a teacher.
- A similar cross stitch pattern can show a depiction of a scene of the creation of Heavens.
- Various cross stitch designs can delineate Christ in his various roles, such as that of a preacher or a shepherd etc.
You can also consider making use of cross stitch to denote important saints in the history of Christianity such as St. Elizabeth, St. Barbara, St. George, St.Demetrios, St. Emilia, and the three Holy Hierarchs etc. Similarly, icons from the Gospels can be cross stitched.
Present These Cross Stitch Patterns as Gifts to Orthodox Christians
Once you are finished with these cross stitch projects, you can then turn them into wall hangings or calendars or framed designs or book covers or wrappers or wall mats etc. There are various innovative options to present these to Orthodox Christians in the form of lovely, memorable gifts.